SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Recent MSW graduate from the NYU Silver School of Social Work, with a focus in evidence based practice. Seeking a position which will allow the use of my broad skills in the pursuit of individual healing and social justice. I passed the New York LMSW exam on August 13 and anticipate assignment of my license number.
New York University, Master of Social Work • 2015
New York University, Bachelor of Arts • 1998
NY LMSW Licensing Exam, passed 8/13/15 • Awaiting license #
Social Work Intern • Clinical practice and research • 2014-2015
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Center for Practice Innovations
• Facilitated psychoeducational wellness groups on an inpatient unit for individuals with severe mental illness and substance use disorders; participated in team meetings and student seminars.
• Developed webinars, trainings, and focus groups to support the implementation of evidence based practice; performed literature reviews, data analysis, program evaluation, and research.
Social Work Intern • Clinical practice • 2013-2014
Union Settlement Association, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinic at P.S. 146
• Provided therapeutic treatment and crisis management, and referrals to children and families.
• Conducted intake assessments and developed treatment plans within a multidisciplinary team.
• Wrote and designed Training and Reference Manual, a comprehensive guide to clinic procedures.
Writer/Editor/Designer • 2003–Present
• Produce graphic solutions and copy; write and proofread documents; retouch and color correct photographs; develop and execute marketing plans; maintain personal blog.
Personal Chef • 2010–2013
Meals by Meadow
• Planned menus and prepared customized, health-conscious meals for clients in their own kitchens.
Designer • 2007–2009
KPMG LLP, National Design, Proposal & Production Services, New York, NY
• Created brand-compliant collateral and HTML communications for local, national, and international use; formatted and proofed proposals, financials, and technical documents; managed projects and print production.
• Collaborated with internal clients, editors, and outside vendors to produce innovative graphic solutions.
Graphic Designer/Editor • 2003–2006
ArtsWestchester (formerly Westchester Arts Council), White Plains, NY
• Designed marketing materials, publications, signage, and electronic communications; supervised junior design staff; assisted members, affiliated artists and organizations; wrote copy and edited press releases.
• Developed and maintained westchesterfun.com, a cultural tourism website.
• Received 2004 “Big W” award from Advertising Club of Westchester.
Administrative Assistant • 2001–2002 • Kuckly Associates, Inc., New York, NY
Office Manager • 1999–2000 • Alliance for the Arts, New York, NY
Resource Teacher • 1998–1999 • Manhattan Country School, New York, NY
Youth Mentor • 1997—1998 • Mosholu-Montefiore Community Center, Bronx, NY
• Chapter contribution: I Can Finish College, Cantarella, M. Sourcebooks EDU, 2012.
• Short story: Eight Million Stories: Gangs of New York. New York Press, Jan 2011.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & AWARDS
• National Association of Social Workers
• Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society
• Wasserman Internship Grant
• New York State Office of Mental Health, Certificate in Evidence-Based Mental Health Practice
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Evidence-based, recovery-oriented, trauma-informed care
• Diagnosis and person-centered treatment plans
• Crisis counseling
• Motivational interviewing
• Research and evaluation
• Web-based training
• Writing and editing
• Timely, precise documentation
• Working as part of a interdisciplinary treatment team
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, Microsoft Office, WordPress and social media; PC and Mac platforms.
References upon request